PUMPKIN CARVING AFTER CARE
Here are 5 tips to keep your carved pumpkin from rotting this Halloween!
- Give it a bath with bleach water after you have carved it. Place your pumpkin in a big bowl or bucket filled with water and 2/3 cup of bleach. Leave the pumpkin there to soak for up to 24 hours.
- Apply a layer of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on the carved edges to keep them moisturized and prevent the edges from drying out too fast. Vegetable oil or WD-40 works too. But since they are flammable, don't put a real candle inside your pumpkin. Instead, place a battery powered candle LED light inside.
- Spray your pumpkin with water mixed with a few drops of bleach everyday, to keep it moisturized and ward off bacteria.
- Keep your pumpkin in the fridge overnight or if you don't have space, in a cool, dark area in your house.
- If you notice your pumpkin is starting to wilt, give it an ice bath overnight. Once you take it out, dry it thoroughly to prevent mold growth.
Leave a comment